It is now five days that thousands of students are protesting at SSC Head Quarters in Delhi against paper leak and corruptions in SSC CGL (Combined Graduate Level) tier 2 exams jeld between 17th to 22nd February, 2018. Continue reading
Protest the Retrograde and Draconian Transgender Persons (Protection Of Rights) Bill 2016, Which Is A Direct Threat to the Rights and Dignity of Trans-gender Persons!
Resist the Bill In Its Present Form! Stand Against the Violation of Transgender Rights!
The trans and queer communities have led an inspiring struggle against discrimination and social injustice to demand equality, legal rights and opportunities for education and livelihood. The struggle still continues as the government threatens to introduce a deeply problematic Transgender Persons (Protection of Rights) Bill 2016 in the Parliament in the ongoing winter session. The bill in its current form brazenly ignores many critical recommendations and suggestions made by various trans activists and collectives threatening to marginalize further a community vulnerable to naming and shaming, homelessness, violence and police brutality. Continue reading
Stop Victim Blaming and Rape Culture!
Defend Women’s Right to Choice and Freedom!
Defend the Rights and Dignity of LGBTIQ People!
Resist Communal, Casteist and Racist Assaults on Women!
Make Streets and Public Transport Safe for Women!
Withdraw the Proposed Retrograde Transgender Bill!
#FreedomWithoutFear Continue reading
Mohammad Afrazul, a Daily Wager from West Bengal Brutally Hacked and Burnt alive by Goons in Rajsamand, Rajasthan!
Communal Goons on a Killing Spree in the BJP Ruled State! CM Vasundhara Raje and Rajasthan Home Minister Must Resign NOW!
Stop Communal Madness and Hatemongering and State Impunity to Killers!
In a horrific incident of communal lynching, Mohammad Afrazul, a daily wager from West Bengal was brutally hacked and burnt alive by communal goons in Rajsamand – around five hours from state capital Jaipur. Continue reading
BHU Question Papers to Sanghi Appointments, Seat Cuts and Censorship Across Campuses:
Sanghi VCs and ‘Bhakt’ Teachers Are Out to Destroy Serious Scholarship and Turn Central Universities a Matter of Ridicule!
- Write an essay on the nature of GST in Kautilya’s Arthashastra.
- Manu is the first Indian thinker of globalization. Discuss.
Saffron Sanskari Shiksha: Question Paper – and Answers – Dictated In Advance!
According to students, their teacher “dictated the answers” to the questions beforehand, telling them in advance that these questions would be asked in the exam! Quite apart from the ridiculousness of the questions, can any serious exam paper have questions and answers dictated by the teacher in advance! Note: While students at BHU taught by the paper-setter had the privilege to these questions in advance, students of the affiliated colleges affiliated to BHU simply received a nasty surprise on the day of the exam! So much for saffron “sanskars”! Continue reading
The wounds inflicted on India’s secularism and democracy by the demolition of the Babri Masjid 25 years ago are still raw. And the ongoing push by the BJP Governments and its agents to construct a temple where the mosque once stood is rubbing salt into those wounds. Continue reading
The anti-people, anti-poor policies and activities of the BJP led Sarbananda Sonowal govt in Assam has once again been reflected in the eviction of more than 500 families in the area around the Amchang wildlife sanctuary. This harrowing atrocity left people in open amidst chilling winter, even the schools have not been spared by bulldozers. It is the time for annual exams in schools and this destruction has caused the loss of a complete year for the kids. This eviction too is done by misusing a high Court order for protecting the forest area as has happened in other parts of the country, this incidence leaves several questions unanswered. Continue reading
Just ten days back from today, New Delhi’s Parliament Street was reverberated with the thunderous roar of lakhs of workers from all over the country, demanding their rights. Their slogans and voices resonated loud and clear. India’s working class, in one voice, spoke for the whole country as they demanded curbs on price rise and universalisation of the public distribution system and creation of jobs. Their presence in lakhs at this protest ‘Mahapadav’ (grand sit-in) at Parliament Street was an indictment of the Modi Government and its utter betrayal of the labouring people of India.
Now, on 20-21 November, farmers from all over the country gathered at Delhi in a historic Kisan Mukti Sansad (Farmers’ Liberation Parliament). We are all witness to how in the past two years farmers brutalized by the twin burden of falling prices in the face of rising costs and mounting debts, have erupted in protests braving bullets and repression in Maharashtra, Rajasthan, Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh and several other states. Two of their key demands are: better prices for produce and debt relief. Continue reading
Pauperising the masses and pampering the big corporates – this in a nutshell is the unfolding economic agenda of the Modi regime. We have witnessed this in the recent policy level assaults on Indian economy and democracy – through the triple trauma of demonetization, Goods and Services Tax (GST) and bank recapitalization to cover up bad loans. Continue reading
The “OFFICIAL” figures speak for themselves
- RETURN of 99% of the notes withdrawn implying that either there was very little “black money” in cash or whatever was there had been WHITENED!
- ALL so-called justifications of demonetization have FAILED • FAKE currency is STILL around. A miniscule amount of fake notes was confiscated.
- “Terror funding” (as claimed by the government) certainly did not end.
- Indian economy has NOT become “cashless”!
- CRASH of the economy: India lost its fastest-growing major economy tag compared with China’s 6.9% in the same period.
- GDP growth rate FELL from 7% (in Jan-Mar 2016) TO 6.1% (in Jan-Mar 2017) and further to 5.7% in Apr-Jun 2017.
- Industrial STAGNATION: GVA (Gross Value Added) has consistently been falling, from 7.6% in the beginning of the year, to just 5.6% currently.
- Manufacturing GDP has FALLEN to merely 1.2%. Small and Medium Sectors have been severely hit.
- Massive FALL in the off-take of bank credit:
- Non-food bank credit increased by 5.5 per cent in August 2017 compared to 8.2 per cent increase in August 2016.
- Credit to agriculture and allied activities increased by 6.5 per cent in August 2017, compared to 13.6 per cent increase in August 2016.
- Credit to industry contracted by 0.3 per cent in August 2017 as compared with a contraction of 0.2 per cent in August 2016.
- Credit to the services sector increased by 5.0 per cent in August 2017, much lower than the increase of 12.1 per cent in August 2016.
- Personal loans increased by 15.7 per cent in August 2017, lower than the increase of 18.1 per cent in August 2016.
- MASSIVE fall in employment: CMIE has calculated 15 million job loss during the post-demonitisation first four months of 2017! Formal employment has declined from 928.7 lakh in Jan-April 2016 to 861.2 lakh in Jan-April 2017.
- Feku and Farcical Claims on the number of NEW taxpayers post-demonetization: MYTH of increased TAX RETURNS due to demonetization: The government has been on a PR overdrive this year, claiming all kinds of numbers at will: