In April this year three universities advertised for faculty positions. The Central University of Tamil Nadu offered 2 posts for OBC category out of 65 total faculty positions advertised. The Indira Gandhi National Tribal University offered 1 post under OBC category out of total 52 posts advertised. In both the cases no SC/ST reservation has been offered. And in Atal Bihari Vajpayee Hindi Vishwavidyalaya no reservation has been provided for SC/ST or OBC out of 18 posts advertised. Continue reading
दोस्तों, 10 मई भारत के इतिहास का गौरवमयी संघर्ष का वो दिन है जब अंग्रेजों के खिलाफ 1857 के स्वाधीनता आंदोलन की शुरूआत हुई थी। यह राजा- रजवाड़ों के दिमाग की उपज नहीं, बल्कि तब साम्राज्यवादियों के खिलाफ़ भारतीय जनमानस की व्यापक एकता ने संघर्ष का बिगुल फूंका था। एक आज़ाद हिंदुस्तान और उसके जनवादी स्वरूप को गढ़ने के लिए पूरा देश उठ खड़ा हुआ था। Continue reading
As we approach 14 April 2018 – the 127th birth anniversary of Babasaheb Dr. B.R. Ambedkar, his vision of emancipation of the oppressed and a secular democratic India is under an all-round attack by the BJP Government and Sangh Brigade Continue reading
Protest the Retrograde and Draconian Transgender Persons (Protection Of Rights) Bill 2016, Which Is A Direct Threat to the Rights and Dignity of Trans-gender Persons!
Resist the Bill In Its Present Form! Stand Against the Violation of Transgender Rights!
The trans and queer communities have led an inspiring struggle against discrimination and social injustice to demand equality, legal rights and opportunities for education and livelihood. The struggle still continues as the government threatens to introduce a deeply problematic Transgender Persons (Protection of Rights) Bill 2016 in the Parliament in the ongoing winter session. The bill in its current form brazenly ignores many critical recommendations and suggestions made by various trans activists and collectives threatening to marginalize further a community vulnerable to naming and shaming, homelessness, violence and police brutality. Continue reading
Stop Victim Blaming and Rape Culture!
Defend Women’s Right to Choice and Freedom!
Defend the Rights and Dignity of LGBTIQ People!
Resist Communal, Casteist and Racist Assaults on Women!
Make Streets and Public Transport Safe for Women!
Withdraw the Proposed Retrograde Transgender Bill!
#FreedomWithoutFear Continue reading
Mohammad Afrazul, a Daily Wager from West Bengal Brutally Hacked and Burnt alive by Goons in Rajsamand, Rajasthan!
Communal Goons on a Killing Spree in the BJP Ruled State! CM Vasundhara Raje and Rajasthan Home Minister Must Resign NOW!
Stop Communal Madness and Hatemongering and State Impunity to Killers!
In a horrific incident of communal lynching, Mohammad Afrazul, a daily wager from West Bengal was brutally hacked and burnt alive by communal goons in Rajsamand – around five hours from state capital Jaipur. Continue reading
BHU Question Papers to Sanghi Appointments, Seat Cuts and Censorship Across Campuses:
Sanghi VCs and ‘Bhakt’ Teachers Are Out to Destroy Serious Scholarship and Turn Central Universities a Matter of Ridicule!
- Write an essay on the nature of GST in Kautilya’s Arthashastra.
- Manu is the first Indian thinker of globalization. Discuss.
Saffron Sanskari Shiksha: Question Paper – and Answers – Dictated In Advance!
According to students, their teacher “dictated the answers” to the questions beforehand, telling them in advance that these questions would be asked in the exam! Quite apart from the ridiculousness of the questions, can any serious exam paper have questions and answers dictated by the teacher in advance! Note: While students at BHU taught by the paper-setter had the privilege to these questions in advance, students of the affiliated colleges affiliated to BHU simply received a nasty surprise on the day of the exam! So much for saffron “sanskars”! Continue reading
The “OFFICIAL” figures speak for themselves
- RETURN of 99% of the notes withdrawn implying that either there was very little “black money” in cash or whatever was there had been WHITENED!
- ALL so-called justifications of demonetization have FAILED • FAKE currency is STILL around. A miniscule amount of fake notes was confiscated.
- “Terror funding” (as claimed by the government) certainly did not end.
- Indian economy has NOT become “cashless”!
- CRASH of the economy: India lost its fastest-growing major economy tag compared with China’s 6.9% in the same period.
- GDP growth rate FELL from 7% (in Jan-Mar 2016) TO 6.1% (in Jan-Mar 2017) and further to 5.7% in Apr-Jun 2017.
- Industrial STAGNATION: GVA (Gross Value Added) has consistently been falling, from 7.6% in the beginning of the year, to just 5.6% currently.
- Manufacturing GDP has FALLEN to merely 1.2%. Small and Medium Sectors have been severely hit.
- Massive FALL in the off-take of bank credit:
- Non-food bank credit increased by 5.5 per cent in August 2017 compared to 8.2 per cent increase in August 2016.
- Credit to agriculture and allied activities increased by 6.5 per cent in August 2017, compared to 13.6 per cent increase in August 2016.
- Credit to industry contracted by 0.3 per cent in August 2017 as compared with a contraction of 0.2 per cent in August 2016.
- Credit to the services sector increased by 5.0 per cent in August 2017, much lower than the increase of 12.1 per cent in August 2016.
- Personal loans increased by 15.7 per cent in August 2017, lower than the increase of 18.1 per cent in August 2016.
- MASSIVE fall in employment: CMIE has calculated 15 million job loss during the post-demonitisation first four months of 2017! Formal employment has declined from 928.7 lakh in Jan-April 2016 to 861.2 lakh in Jan-April 2017.
- Feku and Farcical Claims on the number of NEW taxpayers post-demonetization: MYTH of increased TAX RETURNS due to demonetization: The government has been on a PR overdrive this year, claiming all kinds of numbers at will:
Defeating All Attempts of Communal Polarisation, Workers Resolve to
Fight Back the Pro-Corporate, Anti-Poor, Anti-Worker Regime of Loot!
This November shall witness one of the largest working class mobilisations against the Modi government’s anti worker, anti-poor policies in the capital. Ten Central Trade Unions and Federations of Defence, Banking, Insurance, Telecom, Roadways, PSUs, State & Central Government Employees have come together to defy the diktats of the anti-people BJP government and organize a three days continuous dharna in front of the Parliament on 9th, 10th and 11th November, 2017. Continue reading
The Russian Bolshevik Revolution – 7 November 1917. A 100 years after that momentous day, it is important to remind ourselves that that Revolution was no coup, no conspiracy. It was the greatest assertion the world has yet seen of democracy – of the urge and will of ordinary people for liberation. Continue reading