- Overthrowing the existing colonial education system and establishing a pro-people scientific education system.
- Against saffronization, privatization and commercialization of the education sector and for total democratization of education system on the basis of campus autonomy.
- Recognizing the Right to Education and the Right to Employment as fundamental rights.
- For a new democratic cultural resurgence against the existing reactionary feudal, imperialist and capitalist culture in the society.
- Integrating with the struggles of the workers and peasants in favour of a radical social transformation and for a national liberation defeating all kinds of imperialist hegemony
AISA extends solidarity with peoples movements:
- For radical land reform.
- To uproot all forms of neo-colonial and imperialist exploitation.
- To carry forward and organize efforts against new economic policies, liberalization, privatization and globalization.
- For the democratic rights of the peasants, workers and all struggling sections of society.
- Against all kinds of discrimination and oppression — whether exploitation based on social, political, economic, religious, linguistic or gender based causes — of Dalits, women, minority communities and ethnic minorities.
- For universal peace, non-occupation, democracy and for ensuring basic human rights.
- Against environmental degradation and destruction resulting from the frantic and ever-greater capitalist drive for profit accumulation.
The Present Context and Our Agenda of Struggle
Towards Democratising Education
Against the privatization of education and the neo-liberal education policy based on commercialization.
- Against fee hikes, seat cuts, privatization and the reduction of employment opportunities.
- Against the implementation of the Knowledge Commission recommendations which work to sell out Higher Education in the name of Public-Private Partnership.
- To oppose Foreign Direct Investment in Higher Education as well as other attempts to privatise higher education particularly through the Private Universities and Foreign Universities Bills.
- For establishment of at least one College at every block level.
- For a Common School System and against the fee hike in schools.
- Against the saffronization of education whether through interference with curriculum or the appointment of communal propagandists to important educational and cultural positions.
- For strict and accountable government regulation of private educational institutions.
- Against the implementation of the Lyngdoh Commmitee Recommendation in campuses and for thorogh democratic conduct of regular student union elections in all educational institutions in the country from the Secondary level onwards.
- For increasing budgetary expenditure on education to at least 10% of Union budget.
- For free education till Higher Secondary level.
- For adequate library facilities, labs, better infrastructure and scholarships for all educational institutions;
- For encouraging higher education and research increase the amount of the existing UGC scholarship for non-JRF holders and extending its scope to cover the research scholars of state universities as well; expand the scope of Rajiv Gandhi National Fellowship to cover all Dalit research students; for institution of a National fellowship programme of similar tune for PH research students;
- For free education and hostel accommodation for girls at all levels of education.
- For fully state-sponsored education for Dalit students and for the proper fulfillment of their quota in the educational institutions and jobs, including the private sector.
- For ensuring the fulfilment of 22.5 % reservation for SC-ST students and 27 % reservation for OBC students as well as 3% reservation for PH category student in educational institutions as well as in faculty recruitment.
- For the recognition of the Madrasa Certificates eg. Alimiat-Fazeelat in all the universities in the country.
- For the democratic functioning of universities and other academic institutions.
- For abolishing the practice of making political leaders, bureaucrats, army personnels or corporate figures as heads of academic institutions.
- For the speedy trial and punishment in the cases of sexual harassment as well as the establishment of a functional Committee against sexual harassment like GSCASH in all campuses.
- Against the discrimination practised towards students coming from the north-eastern states of the country.
- Against ragging in all educational institutions and administrative apathy and failure in preventing the cases of ragging.
- For the provision of unemployment allowance for unemployed youth till employment is provided
Towards Democratic Transformation of Our Society
- Against draconian laws like AFSPA and sustained human right violations in North-East and Kashmir, and in solidarity with people’s democratic movements in these regions.
- Against the construction of SEZs, Big Dams and Expressways in the name of Development, for asserting the right to land and livelihood of tribals, peasants and urban poor and for ensuring proper resettlement and compensation to people displaced by such projects.
- For putting an end to State repression against minorities, peoples’ movements and nationality movements.
- Against communal stereotyping, witch-hunting, torture and false encounter killings of youth from the minority community.
- For the formation of an autonomous state comprising the regions of Karbi-Anglong and NC Hills within Assam; for speedy constitution of a Second State Reorganisation Commission and addressing the popular demands for separate statehoods in Telengana, Vidarbha, Bundelkhand and others.
- Against the imposition of dress code for women and moral policing; for freedom of expression and women’s right and dignity; for speedy implementation of Women’s Reservation Bill.
- For the establishment of special funds to ensure the autonomy and development of minority institutions and the thorough implementation of the Sachar Committee recommendations; for the preservation and development of Urdu language and script.
- For scrapping the Indo-US Nuclear Deal and any nuclear project threatening the environment and life-livelihood of the people.
- Against UPA govt.’s ‘strategic partnership’, defence and commercial deals with the racist and occupier Israeli state.
- Against the racist attacks on Indian students and workers abroad and the politics of regional chauvinism inside our country which seeks to divide the youth and the working class.
- For the unconditional acquittal of all leaders and activists of democratic movements.
- Against the ethnic cleansing of the Tamil people in Sri Lanka fighting for their right to freedom and self determination.
- In solidarity with the liberation movement of Palestinians fighting against the imperialist occupation of Israel.
- Against the racist and imperialist designs of the Israeli-American axis in the Middle-East.
- Against the politics of war-mongering and jingoism; for a friendly relations with neighboring countries towards greater solidarity of South-Asian people against imperialist intervention in our sub-continent.