All India Students’ Association (AISA)
Colour- red, rectangular, 3:2 ratio in length and breath, three stars in the flag symbolizing education, progress and democracy, in the there will be fist in the white colour in the middle of the flag.
Three stars and a fist symbolizing revolutionary firmness, unity and power of students.
There will be two main organs of AISA, in hindi, Nai Peedhi and in english, Students Voice.
Individual- Any Indian male/female student of Fourteen years or above of age can become member of AISA if he/she agrees with the organizations manifesto and constitution.
Institutions: Any student organization of suppressed nationality which accepts AISA’s manifesto and constitution can become its federal member.
Rights and duties of member
- Members have right to elect and get elected.
- Members have right to get organizations magazines, and circulars and bulletins issued for members must be provided to them.
- Members have to pay membership fee/ renewal fee of two rupees
- Every federal member-organization has to pay twenty percent of its membership fees.
Renewal of membership
Individuals and institutions will have to get their membership renewed every year during the period fixed by state or National Committee.
- if a member does not get his membership renewed his membership will automatically lapse.
- Disciplinary action will be instituted if fixed quota membership fees is not paid to state or national committee.
- If a member is found indulged in the anti-people activities or working against the organization, his/ her membership can be suspended.
- Before any action members will be served with ‘show cause’ notice,. After that only any tough action be initiated.
To start disciplinary against any state committee member, approval from the national council/ national executive is compulsory.
- Regarding the policy making, programs and constitution, National Conference is highest decision making body.
- National Conference will be held after every two year. Selection of representatives to the this conference will be decided in the local level conference or through any other similar mechanism. Same process will be followed in the state conference as well.
- Conference will review the previous activities and promulgate the political, organizational and financial report.
- National Conference will elect the National Council.
- Conference will decided the numbers of council members.
- National Council will act as highest policy making body in the interim period between two National Conferences.
- National Council will discuss the report presented by the executive council regarding the implementation of decisions taken by it.
- National Council has the right to make any change in the constitution, except its objective, aims and directions, with two-third majority.
- National Council will meet at least once in a year.
- National Council will elect the office bearers and national executive council.
- National Council will decide the numbers of members of National Executive Council.
- In the interim period between two seatings of National Council, executive council will act as the highest body.
- Half of the members are supposed to be present in order to fulfill the quorum required for Council meeting.
- Executive Council will distribute the responsibilities among the office bearers and can even institute a new department.
- Executive will decide the structure of the advisory body.
Office Bearers of the Organization
There will be a President, General Secretary, Vice President, Joint-Secretary and Office Secretary in the organization. President and General Secretary will represent the organization.
- President will be the constitutional head of the organization.
- President will chair the meetings of National Council, National Executive Council and guide the organization.
- General Secretary will be the executive head of the Organization. He will also be the in charge of the financial matters.
- General Secretary will call the meetings of the National Council, National Executive Council and present the reports in these meetings.
State Level Organizational Structure
- State Conference will constitute the State Council. It will held once in every two years.
- Same laws will operate at state level as well that operate at the national level with regard to rights and duties.
- University/ Degree College/School based campus Commitees will form the Basic Srtucture of the organization. They will have their conference annually.
- If the membership in any campus exceeds one hundred, a campus committee will be formed there. It will have the same structure as the above committees. In case of need, faculty/department, hostel…….level units can be formed and deputies can be decided.
- In case of more than hundred members a coordination Committee will be formed and coordinator will its in charge.
If need arises university/College Committee, District Committee, Zonal committee can also be constituted.