On the upcoming 12th September, DUSU election is happening. This year, AISA and CYSS (student wing of Aam Aadmi Party) have decided to come together and fight the election with a commitment to bring forth students’ issues and to usher an era of historic change in DUSU. In the last few decades, the politics of money and muscle power by ABVP-NSUI has created an urgent need for a positive politics – a politics of agenda and agitation among the students, teachers, staff and workers. To respect their mandate, CYSS and AISA decided to fight this election together. We have decided collectively that – AISA candidates will fight for the post of President and Vice-President, and CYSS for the post of General Secretary and Joint Secretary.
CYSS and AISA are fighting DUSU election on the following agendas –
- Zero tolerance policy against hooliganism in the campus. Installing CCTV cameras and police booth to control the violence on the campus.
- AISA and CYSS have been leading movements against the privatization and the autonomy under the drive of commercialization of higher education institutions to keep quality higher education affordable.
- To avail pass in AC buses.
- To establish an autonomous Gender Sensitization Committee as per the Supreme Court’s Vishakha Judgement and to pass the Anti-Stalking Bill to ensure safety and freedom of women on the campus.
- To restart U-special and Women’s special bus facility.
- Continue the movement for the lower metro fare.
- To continue the movement for demanding hostels facility for students.
- To establish college canteens with better facilities.
- To demand the permanent recruitment of teachers and staffs in all colleges.
- To avail clean and cold drinking water facility across campus.
- To ensure installation of sanitary pad dispensing machines in college and university campuses.
- To provide study materials in regional language for students with education in regional language and run remedial classes.
- To increase the number of seats considering the number of surging applications in Delhi University.
- To build a movement to address the needs of rising student population and demand new colleges and evening colleges.
- To make young people ideologically strong and instil a positive and inclusive nationalism among them.
- To demand world-class 24*7 library and keeping the hostel timing of girls as per with boys.
- Struggle for college archive and photo galleries in colleges.
- Struggle for suitable infrastructural and technical facilities for differently-abled students.
- Struggle for the rights of SC/ST/OBC and ensure social justice.
- To facilitate driving licence facility in colleges under “Door Service”.
- Struggle to establish college theatre, career counselling centre and sports complex in all colleges.
- Raise demands for necessary actions to stop discrimination against students from North East states.
- To struggle to hold Delhi University entrance exam in both English and Hindi medium.
- For basic accommodation facility for students, implement the Rent Control Act.
- To open “Chhatra Clinic” on the line of “Mohalla Clinic” in all colleges and DU campus.
To support AISA, Click here to donate.